This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by ZPC from the cross (Agria x Rop J 861) in Joure, The Netherlands.
- Year registered in Canada: 2004
- Registration number: 5821
- Maturity: mid to late season
- Plants: tall, erect; thick stems, weakly pigmented; prominent waved single wings; nodes slightly swollen.
- Leaves: dark green, semi-open; midribs and petioles not to weakly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium to broadly ovate; tip acute; base cordate and asymmetrical; very weakly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: large, narrowly to medium ovate; tip acute; base cordate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: numerous, white corolla; orange anthers; calyxes weakly pigmented; flower buds medium to strongly pigmented; peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: oval to long oval; smooth to netted buff coloured skin; shallow eyes, intermediate in number, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; red-violet; strongly pubescent; base strongly pigmented; tip moderately pigmented.
High yielding variety; tubers are uniform in shape and grading. Rather resistant to hollow hart and to internal rust spot. Long dormancy period, medium specific gravity, low sugar content.
- Utilization: fairly firm texture, none to trace discolouration after cooking; good for french fry and fresh consumption.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1)
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1).
Moderately resistant: late blight, leaf roll, PVX, PVY.
Susceptible: common scab.
References: 1, 4, 7.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: