This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Caithness Potato Technology inc. from the cross (Cara x Ex Solanum Vernei) in London, England in 1982.
- Year registered in Canada: 2010
- Registration number: 6766
- Maturity: late
- Plants: medium tall, semi-erect; compact, dense; few thick stems; internodes faintly pigmented in axils; wings waved.
- Leaves: yellowish green, dull, semi-open; long, narrow, drooping; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acute to acuminate; base obtuse and slightly asymmetrical; slightly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: narrowly ovate; tip acute to acuminate; base cordate and asymmetrical; first pair overlap terminal leaflet.
Secondary leaflets: moderate to numerous, tip acute; moderate to numerous on petiolules of lateral leaflets; one pair, occasionally single or absent, on terminals.
- Flowers: profuse, held above foliage, scented; red-violet corolla with white tips; orange anthers; flower buds pigmented; long and thick pigmented peduncles; high berry production.
- Tubers: oval to round; large; smooth to netted light yellow skin; few shallow eyes, evenly distributed; eyebrows not prominent; cream coloured flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; red-violet; base moderately pubescent, weakly pigmented; tip weakly pubescent, not pigmented, closed habit.
High yielding variety. Tubers are uniform with an attractive appearance; will set deep in the soil. Good resistance to bruising and damage. Good tolerance to drought and heat stress. Medium dormancy period. Good storability. Low to medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: good for boiling, fair for baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis race 1).
Moderately resistant: leaf roll, powdery scab, common scab, blackleg, late blight.
References: 1, 3, 4.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: