This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Z.P.C. & A. from the cross (Morene x WAL 77-139) in Walsma (The Netherlands), in 1980.
- Year registered in Canada: 2004
- Registration number: 5733
- Maturity: medium late
- Plants: medium to tall, erect to semi-erect; stems very strongly pigmented; wings prominent, waved single; nodes slightly to moderately swollen, moderately pigmented.
- Leaves: dark green, semi-open; midribs strongly pubescent and very strongly pigmented; petioles very strongly pigmented.
Terminal leaflet: fused with the first pair of primary leaflets giving it an irregular shape; tip acute; base cordate and very slightly asymmetrical; medium to strongly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: five pairs; small; narrowly ovate, tip acute; base cordate and very slightly asymmetrical.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; buds moderately to strongly pigmented; rather small red-violet corolla, moderately prominent star; bright yellow anthers; peduncle very strongly pigmented.
- Tubers: oval to oblong; smooth red skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; eyebrows slightly prominent; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; blue-violet; base glabrous, very strongly pigmented; apex semi-open, weakly to moderately pigmented, weakly pubescent.
High to very high yielding variety; high number of tubers per plant; very good resistance to external damage; good storability; high dry matter content.
- Utilization: firm to fairly firm cooked texture; none to trace after cooking blackening, very good for baking and boiling.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1).
Highly resistant: PVA, PVX, PVY, tobacco rattle virus, common scab, golden nematode (G. rostochiensis race 1).
Moderately resistant: leaf roll, late blight, phoma rot.
References: 1, 2, 4.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: