This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Niska x ND860-2) made and selected by Agriculture and Agri-food Canada at the Lethbridge Research Center, Alberta, in 1986.
- Year registered in Canada: 2006
- Registration number: 6173
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium; spreading; thick stems, not pigmented; straight single wings; nodes moderately swollen, not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green; semi-open.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; acuminate tip; base truncate and symmetrical.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; medium ovate; acuminate tip; base truncate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; white corolla with very prominent star; flower buds not pigmented; lemon yellow anthers; low berry production.
- Tubers: oval; smooth white skin; shallow eyes, moderately numerous, evenly distributed; eyebrows not prominent; white flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; green; moderately pubescent; closed habit apex.
High yielding variety; good resistance to tuber deformations, hollow heart and net necrosis. High specific gravity. Medium dormancy (6 months).
Excellent potential for direct chipping out of a 6°C storage.
- Utilization: mealy texture; low boiling sloughing; low after cooking discolouration; excellent for chipping.
- Chief Market: chipping.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: tubers late blight.
Moderately resistant: common scab, fusarium wilt.
Moderately susceptible: foliar late blight, verticillium wilt, fusarium dry rot.
Susceptible: early blight.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: