This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by J.J. Pavek, USDA, Aberdeen (Idaho) from the cross (A7816-14 x Norking Russet) and released jointly by the USDA-ARS and the Agricultural Experiment Stations of Idaho, Oregon and Washington in 2005.
- Year registered in Canada: 2011
- Registration number: 6981
- Maturity: early to mid-season
- Plants: small to medium sized, semi-erect; stems strongly pigmented; prominent wings.
- Leaves: medium to dark green, semi-open; midribs weakly pigmented; petioles moderately pigmented; medium deep veins.
Terminal leaflets: medium to narrowly ovate; acute to acuminate tip; cordate base; moderately wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three to six pairs; narrowly ovate; acute to acuminate tip; cordate base.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: moderately numerous.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; large white corolla; yellowish-orange anthers; buds strongly pigmented; calix and pedicel strongly pubescent; pedicel articulation prominent; peduncle moderately pigmented.
- Tubers: oblong; light beige russetted skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: narrow cylindrical; dark blue-violet; base and tip moderately pubescent and strongly pigmented; closed habit.
High yielding variety of attractive appearance. Good resistance to sugar ends, tuber malformations and shatter bruises; moderately resistant to blackspot bruises; moderately susceptible to hollow hart. Medium dormancy period. High specific gravity.
- Utilization: fairly firm to mealy texture; very good for French fries and baked potatoes.
- Chief Markets: processing and fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: common scab, tuber powdery scab, PVX.
Moderately resistant: tuber late blight.
Moderately susceptible: PVYo, early blight on tuber, Erwinia soft rot, Fusarium dry rot.
Susceptible: Verticillium wilt, pink rot, leafroll net necrosis, corky ringspot, foliar early blight and late blight.
References: 1, 8.
- Date modified: