Plants with Novel Traits Which Are Under Review or Have Been Approved for Confined or Unconfined Release in Canada
PNTs approved for release
Summary and detailed tables of all previously approved confined research field trials of PNTs. Terms and conditions imposed on approved confined research field trials.
- PNTs Which Have Been Grown in Confined Research Field Trials
- PNTs Which Have Been Approved for Unconfined Environmental Release
PNTs under reviewThe CFIA and Health Canada post "notices of submission" on the CFIA website that describe the product and the data they receive from certain product developers who have requested safety assessments of plants with novel traits (PNTs) for unconfined release and safety assessments of novel feeds and novel foods derived from PNTs.
Insect Resistance Management
Information related to the insect resistance management requirements for plants expressing novel insect resistance.
- Bt corn hybrids provide producers with an effective management tool against insect pests such as European corn borer and corn rootworm
- Insect Resistance Management of Bt Corn in Canada
- Insect Resistance Management Plan for Bt Potatoes Grown in Canada
Access older reports relating to Bt Crops through the Library and Archives Canada Government of Canada Web Archive
- Date modified: