Animal Health Care Products and Production Aids
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Acceptable homeopathic medicines are those manufactured and administered according to a corresponding homeopathic monograph in one of the following Homeopathic Pharmacopoeias:
- Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS);
- Homöopathische Arzneibuch (HAB);
- Pharmacopée française (PhF);
- European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur); or,
- Encyclopedia of Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia (EHP)
only when potency is at or above one of the following:
- the OTC (over the counter) limit in the HPUS monograph
- 4D in the HAB monograph
- and 12CH for the remaining Pharmacopoeias if no minimum potency is identified for Aristolochia spp. and Asarum spp.
Note that homeopathic medicines made from radiopharmaceuticals (schedule C of the Food and Drugs Act) and any substances regulated by the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act are not permitted.
Acceptable homeopathic medicines and their potencies as well as references to the pharmacopoeias can be found by typing the remedy into the Natural Health Product database.
- Date modified: