Canada Organic Regime Operating Manual
Part D Use of the Canada Organic Logo
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
To ensure that use of the Canada Organic logo is well controlled and administered by setting up application procedures for the use of the logo for marketing, advertising or information purposes.
D.2 Use of the Logo for Marketing, Advertising or Information Purposes
Stakeholders such as CB, operators and others may request to use the logo, on their advertising materials, brochures, posters, hand-outs, in newspapers and other publications, on television, etc. CFIA policy is to grant the use of the Logo, provided that certain conditions are met.
- D.3.1 Upon receipt of an inquiry by the CFIA, an application form COO-F- 010 shall be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the applicant. The application form shall include the name, address, contact details, intended use, duration of use, and other relevant details.
- D.3.2 The CFIA's Terms and Conditions for Use of the Logo for marketing, advertising or information purposes shall be included with the application along with a Statement that, by signing, the applicant agrees to these terms and conditions. The application shall be completed and signed and returned to the CFIA.
- D.3.3 The application shall be reviewed by the COO Program Administrator and either approved or rejected by the COO National Manager. The COO shall notify the applicant of the decision within five working days.
- D.3.4 All application forms shall be retained in COO records.
- D.3.5 The COO shall maintain a list of stakeholders that have received permission for use of the Logo for marketing, advertising or information purposes.
- D.3.6 The COO shall require a copy of any brochures, posters, hand-outs, newspapers and other publications documents where the logo is advertised.
D.4 Terms and Conditions for Use of Logo
D.4.1 Authorized Use
- D.4.1.1 The applicant is only entitled to use and display the Logo for marketing, advertising or information purposes as indicated in the application.
- D.4.1.2 The applicant shall agree to:
- D.126.96.36.199 only reproduce the Logo using an authorized electronic file or reproof obtained from the CFIA, in accordance with the specifications outlined in Schedule 2 from the Regulations;
- D.188.8.131.52 display the Logo on the website with the "copy" function disabled, such that it cannot be copied and altered.
- D.4.1.3 The applicant shall agree not to:
- D.184.108.40.206 use, advertise or display the Logo or permit the use, advertisement, or display of the Logo on, or in association with any agricultural product;
- D.220.127.116.11 use, advertise or display the Logo or permit the use, advertisement, or display of the Logo in any way which implies that the CFIA or the CVB approved a product or service;
- D.18.104.22.168 sublicense the use of the logo;
- D.22.214.171.124 alter or deface the Logo in any manner, including but not limited to, by way of adding or deleting any written or figurative element to said logo.
D.4.2 Quality Control
- D.4.2.1 The CFIA shall at it entire and sole discretion monitors the use of the Logo by the applicant.
- Date modified: