- Federal/Provincial/Territorial Interprovincial Meat Trade Pilot Project
- Federal/Provincial/Territorial Pathogen Reduction Initiative
- Beyond the Border Action Plan Pre-Clearance Initiative
- Provincial Meat Inspection Transition
- Regulations Amending the Meat Inspection Regulations, 1990
These proposed amendments would repeal certain redundant requirements (e.g. the requirement concerning the registration of materials used in packaging or labelling of meat products), convert prescriptive requirements, where possible, to outcome-based requirements (e.g. for the separation of incompatible activities, such as the handling of edible and inedible products), increase alignment of regulations and policies with Canada’s major trading partners, and allow greater flexibility in the types of activities that can be carried out within a federally registered establishment (e.g. dressing game carcasses).
- Date modified: