Chapter 18 – Compliance Verification System
18.5 Amendments to verification tasks
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
A Verification Task Comment Submission Form must be completed and submitted to the Area CVS Coordinator when verification task procedures need to be revised or when a new verification task is requested. Reasons for amendments may include: a change in regulatory requirements, a change in importing countries requirements, clarification of policy, or suggestions from inspectors or program specialists to amend or reword a task.
The Verification Task Comment Submission Form is available through Desktop E-Forms (See section 18.8 - List of forms). Instructions on how to complete the request are included with the form. The request on the Verification Task Comment Submission Form must:
- reflect the approach and style established for the tasks
- support the common assessment for similar issues between groups/species
- include accurate references to the MOP and appropriate act and regulations
Only requests submitted on the Verification Task Comment Submission Form will be considered. The form must follow the identified distribution path. The distribution path for the form is as follows:
- forms initiated by field staff are distributed to the area CVS Coordinator → National CVS Coordinator
- forms initiated by area operations staff are distributed to the area CVS Coordinator → National CVS Coordinator
- forms initiated by Operational Guidance and Expertise (OGE) staff are distributed to the National CVS Coordinator
At each step, the form is reviewed and adjusted as required.
The area CVS Coordinator reviews the proposed revisions, additions or deletions to the verification tasks received from inspectors and supervisors with area Operations Specialists. The proposed revisions, additions or deletions are then forwarded to the National CVS Coordinator for review and acceptance.
Changes to the verification tasks will be made by the National CVS Coordinator in consultation with the National Program Specialist. Changes that coincide with amendments to the MOP and/or Acts and Regulations will be communicated via MOP directives. Inspectors must update their MOP Chapter 18 accordingly.
- Date modified: