This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
220.127.116.11 General information
Meat products may be subjected to chemical residue and microbiological testing upon arrival in Peru.
18.104.22.168 Import prohibitions or restrictions
22.214.171.124.1 Import prohibitions
Poultry meat - Avian Influenza: The importation of poultry meat is prohibited. Therefore, Annex B shall not be issued.
126.96.36.199.2 Import restrictions
- Bone-in beef meat derived from animals over thirty months of age is not allowed to be exported.
- Beef offal: only tongues, hearts, ruminant stomachs (tripes), livers and kidneys are allowed to be exported.
188.8.131.52 Specific or additional inspection procedures
Preparation of tripe using sodium hydroxide. Health Canada's position is as follows:
"No objection will be taken to the use of a weak solution of sodium hydroxide in the tripe washing, scalding and denuding operations with the understanding that:
- Good manufacturing practices are followed.
- Only use the amount necessary to achieve the required technical effect.
- The food products are subject to a final potable water rinse."
184.108.40.206 Additional certification
For poultry meat, Annex B shall not be issued as this country has imposed a ban relative to Avian Influenza.
For pork, Annex C must be issued.
For beef, Annex D, Annex D-1 and Annex D-2 must be issued as follows:
- Annex D: for boneless beef derived from cattle of all ages.
- Annex D-1: for bone-in beef derived from cattle less than thirty months of age.
- Annex D-2: for eligible offal.
220.127.116.11 Special packaging or marking requirements
The date of production must appear on the label of each shipping container.
18.104.22.168 Other requirements
Transport containers must be sealed with an official seal.
See a CFIA inspector to obtain certificates
- Date modified: