This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
22.214.171.124 General information
Processed meat products have to be registered with the Indonesian authorities. For Further information, exporters could write to:
Directorate for Food & Beverage Control
Directorate General for Food & Drug Administration
Department of Health
Jalan Percetakan Negara 23
Only meat products derived from animals slaughtered in keeping with Islamic rites and certified accordingly by an accepted Islamic Association may be exported. The exporter/importer is responsible to supply the required Halal certification. They are also responsible to ensure that the products are labelled in accordance with all Indonesian labelling requirements applicable at the time of importation, to the satisfaction of Indonesian authorities (e.g., requirement to indicate the date of slaughter on the shipping container, requirement to label in both English and Bahasa Indonesia, etc.).
126.96.36.199 Import prohibitions or restrictions
The storage of meat products must not exceed a six (6) month period at temperature of minus 18 degrees Celsius (-18°C).
188.8.131.52.1 Import prohibitions
Poultry meat - Avian Influenza: The importation of poultry meat not processed to inactivate the avian influenza virus is prohibited.
Beef - Importation of mechanically separated meat (MSM) and mechanically deboned meat (MDM) is prohibited.
184.108.40.206.2 Import restrictions
- Eligible products: boneless meat from cattle of all ages slaughtered without using air or gas injection into the skull.
- The eligible boneless meat mentioned above must be obtained from cattle born and raised in Canada or must have been kept in Canada for at least four (4) months.
- Beef establishments must receive prior approval from Indonesian authorities.
Refer to Annex 1 for the list of approved establishments.
220.127.116.11 Specific or additional inspection procedures
18.104.22.168 Additional certification
Beef products: Annex A must be issued.
22.214.171.124 Special marking and packaging requirements
126.96.36.199 Other requirements
- The imported meat and edible offal shall be shipped directly from the country of origin to the port of entry in Indonesia, except if approved otherwise by the Directorate General of Livestock Services of the Department of Agriculture of Indonesia.
- The container for transporting meat and edible offal from the country of origin shall be sealed with a CFIA official seal under the supervision of the CFIA and could only be opened by the authorized Animal Quarantine Officer at the port of entry. During transportation, the temperature in the container shall be kept stable.
See a CFIA inspector to obtain certificates.
- Date modified: