Section B.01.001, Food and Drug Regulations (FDR) defines "sweetener" as any food additive listed as a sweetener in Table IX to B.16.100. Examples of sweeteners are aspartame, sorbitol, and maltitol.
"Sweetening agent" includes any food for which a standard is provided in Division 18 of the FDR, but does not include those food additives listed in the table to Division 16 [B.01.001]. Examples of sweetening agents are sugar, honey and molasses.
- Aspartame, Sucralose and Acesulfame-Potassium
- Sugar Alcohols
- Cyclamate and Saccharin Sweeteners
- Individual Sugars Declaration
- Declaration of Inulin
- Decharacterized Juice as Sweetening Ingredient
- Decharacterized Juice and "No Sugar Added" Claim
- Non-Cariogenic Substances
- Standard Container Sizes for Glucose Syrup and Refined Sugar Syrup
- Date modified: