For more detailed information on the regulations and inspection of honey please visit the Honey Page.
Prepackaged and Bulk Product
The information below applies to pure honey (creamed or liquid or pasteurized) which has been produced in federally registered establishments and is destined for interprovincial or import or export trade and is covered under the Honey Regulations. Some comments have been included for honey which is not covered under the Honey Regulations as it is not traded inter-provincially or imported or exported or because it differs from the standard of identity for honey (e.g. strawberry flavoured honey). Comments have also been included for related honey products, such as honey on honey combs, which are not covered by standards under the Honey Regulations.
All of these products are also regulated by the:
- Food and Drugs Act (FDA);
- Food and Drug Regulations (FDR);
- Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act (CPLA);
- Consumer Packaging and Labelling Regulations (CPLR).
- Common Name
- Net Quantity
- Name and Address
- Country of Origin
- List of Ingredients
- Nutrition Labelling
- Other Required Markings
- Labelling Requirements for Packages and Bulk Containers of Honey (subject to the Honey Regulations)
- Exemptions for Products for Export
- Labelling Requirements for Pre-Packaged Honey
- Labelling Requirements for Packages and Bulk Containers of Honey
- Date modified: