Export of Small Mammals (rabbits, hares, mice, rats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and chinchillas) as Personal Pets to Singapore

This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).

Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository

Information for the export of personal pets to Singapore can be found on the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) website.

Please read the AVA’s website carefully to ensure that all the required steps have been followed to allow for the successful and safe entry of your pet into the country. It is necessary to apply for an Import Licence from the AVA. In addition, note the particular time constraints, fees, and quarantine requirements that are applicable to your particular situation.

For specific small mammal requirements, follow the link under the heading of a Import of Personal Pets: Import licence from AVA, entitled Licence to Import/Export/Transship Animals, Birds, Eggs and Biologics. Then, follow the link for "small mammals" on this page.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has developed an official Veterinary Health Certificate, based on these requirements. However, it is the responsibility of the exporter to verify that the AVA requirements have not changed since the issuance of the export certificate. The import conditions may be changed at any time by Singapore authorities without the knowledge of the CFIA.

Once the importer has received the import permit, a veterinarian who is licensed to practise veterinary medicine in Canada must complete Form HA1872: Veterinary Health Certificate: Export of Small Mammals* as Personal Pets to Singapore - PDF (137 kb), and have it endorsed by a CFIA official veterinarian. A fee is applicable for this service. The certificate is in PDF format and must be printed on legal size paper (8.5" X 14"). No other format will be accepted.

Date modified: