Sanitary Requirements for Export of Pet Food to the United Arab Emirates
HA 2793 (Amended October 1, 2013)
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
- The products referred to above may be freely sold in Canada as dog or cat food.
- The pet food does not contain protein derived from ruminants (except for milk and milk products).
- Canada has been free of the following diseases according to OIE criteria: rinderpest, foot-and-mouth disease, hog cholera, swine vesicular disease, African swine fever and contagious bovine pleuropneumonia.
- Raw materials of animal origin in the said product are of Canadian origin or have been legally imported into Canada from Australia, New Zealand or USA.
- That the raw materials used in the production of the pet food were derived from animals presented for examination at slaughter and evaluated favorably for inclusion in pet food, and were slaughtered under standards existing in Canada.
- The producing plant has been authorized and is supervised by the Canadian government.
- Dry, semi-moist, and dehydrated pet food products were sufficiently processed to assure the destruction of harmful pathogens as demonstrated by the fact that finished products (except for hermetically sealed containers) were routinely tested and found negative for Salmonella .
- For the packaging materials:
- Canned products are packaged in hermetically sealed containers.
- All products are packaged in appropriate (new) packaging material and packaged ready for retail.
- In the case of pet food derived from poultry or poultry products, the pet food has been treated to ensure the destruction of avian influenza virus, using the following method (check appropriate selection):
- Box 70 °C for at least 30 minutes;
- Box 75 °C for at least 5 minutes;
- Box 80 °C for at least 1 minute.
- Precautions have been taken to avoid recontamination of the product with pathogenic agents after heat treatment.
- Date modified: