Sanitary Requirements for Export of Pet Food to Malaysia
HA 2778 (Amended 2016-03-08)
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
- The pet food product has been manufactured in a facility that is approved and monitored by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- The manufacturing facility is located within a zone free from Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD), and highly pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI).
- The pet food product does not contain ruminant material from non BSE-Free countries, except milk and derivatives, gelatin and collagen made of hides and skins and protein free tallow with less than 0.15% in weight of insoluble impurities and its derivatives.
- The dry, semi-moist and dehydrated pet food products were sufficiently processed to assure the destruction of harmful pathogens. The pet food has been heat treated using the following method (check appropriate selection):
- Box 70 °C for at least 30 minutes
- Box 75 °C for at least 5 minutes
- Box 80 °C for at least 1 minute
- Box 90 °C throughout the substance
- In the case of canned products in hermetically sealed containers, the pet food product has been manufactured according to standard canning processing procedures and has been subjected to at least 121 °C for a period of not less than 3 minutes.
- The pet food product has undergone all precaution to avoid re-contamination with Salmonella and other pathogenic organisms.
- The pet food product was packed and sealed in new packaging material at the manufacturing facility and labelled as a pet food product with the list of ingredients and the nutritional information.
- The pet food product can be sold without restriction in Canada.
- Date modified: