Sanitary Requirements for Export of Pet Food to Indonesia
HA 2722 (Amended October 1, 2013)
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
- The pet food product has been manufactured in a facility that is approved and monitored by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- The manufacturing facility is located within a zone free from Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD), and highly pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI).
- The pet food product does not contain ruminant material, except milk and derivatives originating from non BSE-Free countries.
- Dry, semi-moist and dehydrated pet food products were sufficiently processed to assure the destruction of harmful pathogens. The pet food has been heat treated using the following method (check appropriate selection):
- Box 70 °C for at least 30 minutes
- Box 75 °C for at least 5 minutes
- Box 80 °C for at least 1 minute
- In the case of canned products in hermetically sealed containers, the pet food product has been manufactured according to standard canning processing procedures and has been subjected to at least 116 degrees Celsius for a period of not less than 15 minutes.
- In the case of tallow used as an ingredient, the level of insoluble impurities is less than 0.15% in weight.
- The pet food product has undergone all precaution to avoid contamination with Salmonella and other pathogenic organisms.
- The pet food product was packed and sealed in new packaging material at the manufacturing facility and labelled as a pet food product with the list of ingredients and the nutritional information.
- The pet food product can be sold without restriction in Canada.
- Date modified: