Sanitary Requirements for the export of raw milk and milk products from cloven-hoofed animals not for human consumption to be exported to Japan from Canada
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
- The exporting country is free from Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and vaccination against FMD is prohibited in the exporting country.
- Importation of cloven-hoofed animals that have been vaccinated against FMD is prohibited in the exporting country.
- The exporting country has an appropriate quarantine system for the import and the export of raw milk and milk products from the perspective of animal health.
- Raw milk and/or milk products have been produced from raw milk obtained from animals that are clinically healthy and according to the legislation of the exporting country, it is prohibited to use raw milk as an ingredient if it is obtained from animals infected with infectious diseases of concern.
- Processing of raw milk and/or milk products:
- Raw milk and/or milk products have been produced from raw milk collected only in the exporting country and/or Listed countries and have been produced, packaged and stored only in the exporting country and/or Listed countries.
Ingredients derived from raw milk used in the production of milk products originate from the exporting country and/or have been legally imported into the exporting country.
- Raw milk and/or milk products not intended for cloven-hoofed animal consumption have been treated with the following process:
- with a minimum temperature of 132 °C for at least one second in liquid form (Ultra High Temperature-UHT)
- if pH is less than 7.0 it was treated with a minimum temperature of 72 °C for at least 15 seconds in liquid form (High Temperature Short Time-HTST)
- if pH is 7.0 or greater HTST was applied twice
- by maintaining a pH less than 6 for at least one hour
with an inactivation method equivalent to the above and approved by the exporting country
- Raw milk and/or milk products intended for or likely to be used for cloven-hoofed animal consumption have been treated with the following process:
- Ultra High Temperature (UHT)
- if pH less than 7.0: HTST
- if pH 7.0 or greater: HTST was applied twice
- Raw milk and/or milk products have been produced, packaged and stored from the collection of raw milk to the shipment of final products without contamination by pathogens of animal infectious diseases or commingled with raw milk and/or milk products which do not meet the requirements of this certificate.
- Packages and containers used for the export of raw milk and/or milk products are new or have been cleaned and disinfected.
- Date modified: