Sanitary requirements for export of treated game trophies and other preparations of birds and ungulates, consisting only of bones, horns, hooves, claws, antlers, teeth, hides or skins, for dispatch to or for transit through the European Union Chapter 6 (A)
HA 2058 (Amended October 21, 2013)
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
II. Health information
II.1. have been packaged, immediately after treatment, without being in contact with other products of animal origin likely to contaminate them, in individual, transparent and closed packages so as to avoid any subsequent contamination;
either [II.2.1 in the in the case of game trophies or other preparations consisting only of hides or skin:
- either [have been dried.]
- and/or [have been dry-salted or wet-salted for a minimum of 14 days before dispatch.]
- and/or [were dry-salted or wet-salted on (date) and, according to the declaration of the transporter, will be transported by ship and the duration of the transport will be such that they will have undergone a minimum of 14 days salting before they reach the EU border inspection post.]]
or [II.2.2 in the case of game trophies or other preparations consisting only of bone, horns, hooves, claws, antlers or teeth :
- have been immersed in boiling water for an appropriate time so as to ensure that any matter other than bone, horns, hooves, claws, antlers or teeth is removed, and
- have been disinfected with a product authorised by the competent authority, in particular with hydrogen peroxide where parts consisting of bone are concerned.]
- Date modified: