Halofuginone hydrobromide - MIB #76
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Date Revised: 2006-09
- STENOROL Premix contains halofuginone hydrobromide at 6 g/kg (Huvepharma)
Approved for use
In meal or pellet feed for broiler chickens.
For broiler chickens - Claim 1
Claim 1: As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis in broiler chickens caused by Eimeria tenella, E. necatrix, E. acervulina, E. brunetti, E. mivati and E. maxima.
Level of Drug:
(0.0003%) 3 mg/kg halofuginone hydrobromide in complete broiler feed.
Feed this medicated feed continuously as the sole ration from day one to five days prior to slaughter.
- Treated chickens must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 5 days after the latest treatment with this medicated feed.
- Do not feed to replacement, laying or breeding chickens.
- Use only as recommended.
- A weight gain reduction may occur in broilers fed this medicated feed in the absence of coccidial exposure.
- Do not use in feeds containing pellet binding agents (To appear on premix and supplement labels only).
- Do not use this medicated feed for the treatment of outbreaks of coccidiosis.
- Consult a veterinarian or poultry pathologist if losses exceed 0.5% in a two day period.
|Number||Medicated ingredients||For use in feed for|
|1.||Bambermycins (MIB #10.12)||broiler chickens|
|2.||Virginiamycin (MIB #10.11)||broiler chickens|
- Date modified: