Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride and Neomycin
Sulphate - MIB #55
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Date Revised: 2014-02
Neo-Terramycin 50/50 Premix contains
- oxytetracycline dihydrate equivalent to oxytetracycline hydrochloride at 110 g/kg
- neomycin sulfate at 110 g/kg (Philbro Animal Health Corporation)
Approved for Use
In meal or pellet feed for beef cattle.
For beef cattle - Claim 1
Claim 1: As an aid in the maintenance of weight gain and feed efficiency in beef cattle during periods of stress due to weaning, shipping or handling.
Level of Drug:
500 mg of oxytetracycline hydrochloride and 500 mg of neomycin sulfate per head per day.
Mix the medicated feed (premix, supplement or complete feed) in the complete diet and feed this mixture continuously to incoming feedlot cattle for 7 to 14 days.
Note: Complete diet refers to the complete feed plus the roughage.
- Treated animals must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 7 days after the latest treatment with this medicated feed.
- Do not feed to lactating dairy cattle.
- Keep out of reach of children. (Required on premix and supplement labels only.)
- Date modified: