Chlortetracycline hydrochloride and sulfamethazine - MIB #49
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Date Revised: 2014-06
- Aureo S-700 G Premix contains:
- chlortetracycline hydrochloride, as chlortetracycline calcium complex, at 77 g/kg
- sulfamethazine at 77 g/kg (Zoetis Canada Inc.)
- Chlor S-700 contains:
- chlortetracycline hydrochloride at 77 g/kg
- sulfamethazine at 77 g/kg (Bio Agri Mix LP)
Approved for use
In meal or pellet feed for beef cattle.
For beef cattle - Claim 1
Claim 1: As an aid in the maintenance of weight gains and feed efficiency in cattle during periods of stress, due to weaning, shipping or handling.
Level of Drug:
- Chlortetracycline hydrochloride - 350 mg/head/day, and
- Sulfamethazine - 350 mg/head/day.
- Discontinue the use of this medicated feed at least 10 days before slaughter.
- Feed only for the first 4 weeks after cattle enter feedlot. It is not recommended that this medicated feed be introduced after cattle are on a grain feeding program.
- Date modified: