Certification requirements for Vietnam
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
The following certificates are available:
- Aquatic Animal Health Certificate for the Export of Live Aquatic Animals Intended for Human Consumption from Canada to Vietnam (AQAH-1025)
- Certificate of Origin and Hygiene CFIA/ACIA 5003 (2002/05), available through Fish and Seafood
- If wishing to export non-live fish, please contact Fish and Seafood.
- It is the importer and exporters responsibility to obtain a valid import permit issued by the Vietnamese Authorities prior to import.
- The exporter shall provide the Inspector with a copy or copies of any and all import licences and/or permits required to import live aquatic animal species into Vietnam prior to the CFIA's issuance of the certificate, and provide supporting documentation such as an affidavit indicating that the exporter believes the provided import license and/or permit is valid.
- In addition to the above mentioned certificate, each shipment must also be accompanied by a certificate of Origin and Hygiene and Processors must be on the Approved List of Canadian Animal Origin FBOs for Export to Vietnam (Establishment Approval ), as maintained on the website of Vietnam's National Agro-Forestry-Fisheries Quality Assurance Department (NAFIQAD).
- There may be existing certificates or additional information from the Fish and Seafood program. However, for the specific commodities above, an aquatic animal health certificate is required.
- To request an export certificate outlined above or if you require any other information on aquatic animal health export certification, please contact your CFIA Area Office.
- Date modified: