Certification requirements for Australia

This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).

Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository

The following certificate is available:

  • Aquatic Animal Health Certificate for the Export of Aquatic Animals for Use as Bait or Aquaculture Feed from Canada to Australia (AQAH-1012)
  • Aquatic Animal Health Certificate for the Export of Live Finfish, Their Gametes or Germplasm for Research Purposes from Canada to Australia (AQAH-1075)

Important Notes:

  • Currently, certificate (AQAH-1012) only applies to the export of herring (Clupea species) for use as bait or aquaculture feed. This commodity requires inspection of the animals prior to processing. Exporters are advised to contact their CFIA Area Office in advance of harvesting to determine the requirements and, if required, accommodate the scheduling of inspections which must occur prior to processing and freezing.
  • Australia has aquatic animal health requirements for imports of certain aquatic animals and fish and seafood products. For these specific commodities, until such time as a negotiated aquatic animal health certificate is available, shipments exported without aquatic animal health certification may be detained in Australia.
  • There may be existing certificates or additional information from the Fish and Seafood program. However, for the specific commodity above, an aquatic animal health certificate is required.
  • To request an export certificate outlined above or if you require any other information on aquatic animal health export certification, please contact your CFIA Area Office.
Date modified: