Establishment of the Pre-market Application Submissions Office - Questions and Answers
Q1. What is the purpose of the Pre-market Application Submissions Office (PASO)?
A1. The PASO provides stakeholders with a single point for submitting applications for products requiring a CFIA pre-market approval, including:
- Livestock feed
- Plant Breeders' Rights
- Fertilizers and supplements
- Crop varieties subject to registration
- Plants with novel traits (confined and unconfined environmental release)
- Registration of seed establishments (includes licensing of seed establishment staff)
- Veterinary biologics (including new product submission, serial release, import permits, product licenses and export certificates and licensing of establishments)
Q2. What does this mean to stakeholders? How does this change affect them?
A2. When stakeholders seek product/establishment pre-market approval, they are now required to submit the application package to the PASO at the following address:
(Specify Business Unit, e.g. Animal Feed Division)
c/o Pre-market Application Submissions Office (PASO)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
59 Camelot Drive
Ottawa, ON K1A 0Y9
Also, this office will be stakeholders' first point of contact for questions regarding:
- the status of a previously submitted application;
- administrative guidance to complete a new application package for any of the services mentioned above; and,
- technical information/advice will still be provided by the responsible program officers.
Stakeholders will be able to access these services by using the following contact information:
Pre-market Application Submissions Office (PASO)
Phone Number: 1-855-212-7695
Q3. Will this change have any effect on programs' service delivery standards?
A3. No. The establishment of the PASO should not affect programs' current service delivery standards.
Have Further Questions?
Please direct your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-market Application Submissions Office
- Notice to Industry - CFIA Pre-market Application Submissions Office (PASO)
- Date modified: