Acts and Regulations
The Department of Justice is responsible for maintaining the Consolidated Statutes and Regulations for the Government of Canada.
What are We Doing?
The CFIA is responsible for the following:
- List of Acts and Regulations
- Administrative Burden Baseline
- Forward Regulatory Plan
- Service Standards for High-Volume Regulatory Authorizations
- Interpretation Policy
- Reducing Red Tape
All of the government's Acts and Regulations can be found on the Justice Canada website.
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any reproduction derived from the legislative material on this site. The legislative material on this site has been prepared for convenience of reference only and does not yet have official sanction. For all purposes of interpreting and applying the law, users should consult:
- the Acts as passed by Parliament, which are published in the "Assented to" Acts service, Part III of the Canada Gazette and the annual Statutes of Canada, and
- the regulations, as registered by the Clerk of the Privy Council and published in Part II of the Canada Gazette.
The above-mentioned publications are available in most public libraries.
- Date modified: