In an ever-more connected world, Canadians expect to be provided with information that will help them to make informed decisions and hold government institutions accountable for providing them with high-quality programs and services.
To meet these expectations and maintain public trust in Canada's regulatory system for food, plants and animals, CFIA first launched its Transparency Agenda in 2011 as part of its ongoing efforts to be a more service-oriented, responsive and accountable organization. The Agency continues these efforts, by proactively releasing more data and information that is relevant, accurate and timely, while appropriately protecting personal and confidential information.
On this page
Open and Transparent Agency Framework and Policy
Together, the Open and Transparent Agency Framework 2019-2022 | PDF (1,153 kb) and Open and Transparent Agency Policy provide Agency direction to chart the path for the next phase of CFIA's Transparency Agenda:
- The framework provides the blueprint to guide the Agency's efforts in making more information available about its decisions and activities.
- The policy sets out the high-level direction CFIA is taking to meet its openness and transparency objectives and bring the framework to life.
The Open and Transparent Agency Framework and Policy were developed with input from CFIA employees and external stakeholders. The Agency shared initial drafts and gathered comments during consultations held in 2018, which were analyzed and used to improve these documents.
A summary of feedback received from external stakeholders is available in the What We Learned report.
For more information
The Government of Canada is working hard to improve the proactive disclosure of information so that Canadians are better able to hold Parliament, the government and public-sector officials accountable.
- Completed Access to Information Requests
- Contracts entered into by the Government of Canada for amounts over $10,000
- Disclosure of Wrongdoing - Public Servants Disclosure Protection Act
- Grants and contributions awarded with a value over $25,000
- Report on Annual Expenditures for Travel, Hospitality and Conferences
- Travel and hospitality expenses for selected government officials
For information about proactive disclosure at all Government of Canada institutions, please visit the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat's proactive disclosure site.
- Date modified: